Job Description: Program Coordinator – Oskaloosa Summer Lunch
Reports to: Executive Director
Objective: To ensure every child and teen 18 years old and younger in the Oskaloosa area has access to nutritious meals when school is not in session. In 2016, Oskaloosa Summer Lunch served 7,500 meals at 12 locations throughout Oskaloosa, Beacon and University Park.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to serving others, experience working with volunteers and staff of all ages, and a heart for those living in poverty.
Non-exempt: 40 hours/week for approximately 6 months (March – August)
- Work with OSL leadership team to finalize list of 2017 sites that would best serve the community.
- Work with cooking team and local stores to develop menus and schedules for approximately 10 weeks of meals.
- Work with United Way staff about how to best promote the program to the community.
- Purchase food with a goal of minimal waste.
- Run day-to-day operation of food service, including food prep, distribution and clean-up.
- Coordinate and train volunteers.
- Oversee AmeriCorps members with the planning of educational and fun activities for after lunch.
- Work with United Way staff to recruit new volunteers, market program and submit USDA compliance data.
- Provide monthly report to OSL leadership team.
- High School diploma
- 2 years of workplace experience where customer service, communication and critical thinking are required
- Experience that demonstrates leadership skills and the initiative to make sure
- Ability and willingness to multitask and adapt to new and changing demands
- Ability to work in a small office environment with a diverse workforce and volunteers
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Cooking experience for large groups preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, February 9th at 5PM.