Job Description: Community Impact Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Objective: To be responsible for facilitating volunteerism, managing all UWMC programs and events, creating marketing materials, and providing staff support for United Way initiatives. The successful candidate will have a passion for serving their community, an eagerness to encourage volunteerism in all forms and the initiative to find solutions to any challenge faced.
Full time, salaried (based on 40 hours a week with flexibility around events and programs).
1. Coordinate with Executive Director on all UWMC programs: Day of Caring, Operation Backpack, Live United 5K & YMCA Healthy Kids Day, Oskaloosa Winter Open, Winter Coat Drive or other event opportunities, to help grow and develop each program.
2. Coordinate volunteer roles and lead initiative meetings.
1. Update United Way of Mahaska County’s Facebook page daily.
2. Keep website materials current: uploading new program information, pictures, and stories.
3. Assist in creation of marketing materials including community impact report, brochure, campaign ads, and quarterly newsletter.
4. Create marketing materials of all United Way programs and events.
5. Employ UWMC marketing plan to effectively promote all initiatives.
1. Continuously promote and facilitate volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Mahaska, including training and outreach to other nonprofits.
2. Recruit and coordinate volunteers for UWMC programs and events.
3. Organize annual volunteer celebration.
Other duties: Provides staff support to the Community Investment Process, and assists with annual campaign as needed.
-Associate’s degree in Business/Marketing/Communications or related field.
-Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills, when needed.
-Ability to work in a small office environment with a diverse workforce and volunteers.
-Experience with graphic design, including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher).
-1-2 years of workplace experience where customer service and critical thinking are required.
-Experience with web applications, such as Sign-Up Genius and Wix Websites.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is July 6, 2017 at 5PM.